TEN FACTS ABOUT ME
I currently host virtual sessions from my home office. From time to time you might see a tail or fur floating about. That's Truffle. She has become the unofficial mascot of Bloom & Balance Psychotherapy's telehealth edition.
1. Am an authentic person and therapist.
2. Love therapy memes, cat videos and baking pies.
3. Cuss like a sailor (sorry, grandma).
4. Grew up in Michigan which means I speak Canadian, eh.
5. Began my career as a school counselor and crisis aficionado.
6. Got married in a hurricane.
7. Didn't see my first cockroach until I was well into my 30's.
8. Moved to Savannah because I missed living by water.
9. Believe that sweet tea should be the official drink of Georgia.
10. Named the practice Bloom & Balance because I help folks bloom into who they want to become and find balance in life and love.
I believe that therapy should be inventive, based on science and sprinkled with vigor. We will create a space for tears, laughter, and most importantly, growth. I enjoy working with men, women, fellow therapists, and even those that avoid talking about their feelings.
WHAT MAKES ME A SPECIALIST?
l consider myself an accidental expert. If you would have told me 15 years ago that I would end up a relationship specialist I would have laughed in your face. I have since spent the past decade getting trained in world renowned relationship, attachment and behavioral therapies. For the last few years I have only worked with folks who experience relationship issues as a result of depression and anxiety. If that's you; you're my peoples. Read more about the evidenced based therapies I use for Adult Therapy >>. Or learn a bit more about Relationship Therapy>>.
Oakland University - Rochester, Michigan
Master's Degree in Counseling
Bachelor's Degree in Sociology & Communication
Licensed Professional Counselor #9104
Licensed Professional Counselor #6401012227.