EIGHT FACTS ABOUT ME
During the pandemic, I host sessions from my home office. From time to time you might see a tail or fur floating about. That's Truffle. She has become the unofficial mascot of Bloom & Balance Psychotherapy's Covid-19 edition.
1. Am an authentic person and therapist.
2. Love therapy memes, cat videos and baking pies.
3. Cuss like a sailor (sorry, grandma).
4. Grew up in Michigan which means I speak Canadian, eh.
5. Believe that sweet tea should be the official drink of Georgia.
6. Got married in a hurricane.
7. Didn't see my first cockroach until I was well into my 30's.
8. Moved to Savannah because I missed living by water.
I believe that therapy should be inventive, based on science and sprinkled with vigor. We will create a space for tears, laughter, and most importantly, growth. I enjoy working with men, women, couples and fellow therapists.
WHAT MAKES ME A SPECIALIST?
l consider myself an accidental expert. If you would have told me 15 years ago that I would end up a relationship specialist I would have laughed in your face. I have since spent the past decade getting trained in world renowned relationship, attachment and behavioral therapies. For the last few years I have only worked with folks who experience relationship issues as a result of depression and anxiety. If that's you; you're my peoples. Read more about the evidenced based therapies I use for Adult Therapy >>. Or learn a bit more about Gottman Method Couples Therapy>>.
Oakland University - Rochester, Michigan
Master's Degree in Counseling
Bachelor's Degree in Sociology & Communication
Licensed Professional Counselor #9104
Licensed Professional Counselor #6401012227. Those living in Michigan that are interested in telehealth with me, please email.