Telehealth Home Office
GET TO KNOW ME.
Licensed Professional Counselor
TEN FACTS ABOUT ME
I host virtual sessions from my home office. From time to time you might see a tail or fur floating about. That's Truffle. She has become the unofficial mascot of Bloom & Balance Psychotherapy.
1. Am an authentic person and therapist.
2. Love therapy memes, cat videos and baking pies.
3. Cuss like a sailor (sorry, grandma).
4. Grew up in Michigan which means I speak Canadian, eh.
5. Began my career as a school counselor and crisis aficionado.
6. Didn't see my first cockroach until I was well into my 30's.
7. Moved to Savannah because I missed living by water.
8. Believe that sweet tea should be the official drink of Georgia.
9. Can guess the attachment styles of Marvel Universe characters.
10. Have full conversations with my cat, but no responses yet. Meow.
BONUS: I named the practice Bloom & Balance because I help folks bloom into who they want to become and find balance in life and love.
I believe that therapy should be inventive, based on science and sprinkled with vigor. We will create a space for tears, laughter, and most importantly, growth. I enjoy working with adults who are ages 23 and up, men, women, queer folk, BIPOC friends, LatinX buddies, fellow therapists, and even those that avoid talking about their feelz.
Therapy 101 with Emily Weis, LPC
WHAT MAKES ME A RELATIONSHIP SPECIALIST?
l consider myself an accidental expert. If you would have told me 15 years ago that I would end up a relationship specialist I would have laughed in your face. I have since spent over a decade getting trained in world renowned relationship, attachment and behavioral therapies. For the last several years I have only worked with folks who experience relationship issues, depression and anxiety. If that's you; you're my peoples. Read more about the evidenced based therapies I use for Adult Therapy >>.
Oakland University - Rochester, Michigan
Master's Degree in Counseling
Bachelor's Degree in Sociology & Communication
Licensed Professional Counselor #9104
Licensed Professional Counselor #6401012227